- Level Measurement & Monitoring
- Water Quality Meters
- Dataloggers & Sensors
- Monitoring Wells, Piezometers & Multilevels
- Sampling Devices & Pumps
- Microbial Sampling & Bioremediation
- Modelling Software
- Groundwater Mapping
Dust Sentry PM2.5
The Dust Sentry PM2.5 Dust Monitor is for:
Industrial operators who need a cost-effective and robust solution to show particulate levels generated by site activities are within regulatory or permitted limits:
- Construction and remediation
- Quarry and mine operations
- Port and bulk handling terminals
- Waste management sites.
Environmental Consultants who require defensible particulate measurement for their clients’ air quality permits.
Regulatory authorities who require deployable rapid response monitoring.
Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) managers who need to demonstrate that they are providing a safe work environment.
Researchers who are on a limited budget and want to collect accurate, scientifically robust data.
What is it and what can it measure?
The Dust Sentry is a modular air quality monitoring instrument for the measurement and compliance of specific dust and particulate designation. It provides real-time particulate measurement of PM2.5 using a well proven near forward light scattering nephelometer and high precision sharp cut cyclone – with a measurement range of 0-60,000 μg/m3. By changing the sharp cut cyclone, the Dust Sentry can be configured to measure PM10, PM1 or TSP. For simultaneous measurement see the Dust Sentry Pro.
Options to integrate environmental sensors, such as wind, noise, weather and solar radiation make this a complete air monitoring solution for your project.
Packaged in a robust weather-proof, lockable enclosure, the Dust Sentry is light enough for one-person site installations. Integrated solar shielding prevents the enclosure from overheating in climates with high solar irradiance.
A nephelometer is an optical sensor that uses light scattering from particulate matter to provide a continuous real-time measurement of airborne particle mass. The light source is a visible laser diode and scattered light is measured in the near forward angle using focusing optics and a photo diode. The nephelometer has an on-board temperature sensor which corrects for thermal drift, sheath air filter to keep the optics clean and automatic baseline drift correction.
The sharp cut cyclone is a precision engineered component fitted to the Dust Meter inlet that physically selects particles 2.5 microns in diameter and below. This ensures precise measurement of only the PM2.5 size fraction. The inlet is fitted with a heater that is used to remove moisture from the incoming sample. Moisture can reduce the accuracy of optical measurement, so for best results the inlet heater is activated in the event of high humidity.
Air monitoring software and communication
The instrument includes an embedded PC, up to 20 years of on board data storage, and two powerful software systems. Aeroqual Connect is the instrument operating software. It opens in your browser so no software needs to be installed or updated. With Aeroqual Cloud you can remotely access data via a web browser on any device, even when your instrument is offline. Capabilities include:
- Wireless communications
- Integrated data platform
- Wind and pollution roses
- SMS and email alerts
- Access through an API
- Cost effective PM2.5 monitor
- Continuous real-time measurement of particulate <2.5 microns (PM2.5)
- Compact and light enough to be carried by one person
- Quick and easy to install and relocate
- Options to integrate environmental sensors e.g. wind, noise, weather, solar radiation
- Huge on-board data storage capacity for long term fail safe monitoring
- Flexible communications platform that transfers real-time data wirelessly, and access through an API
- A web interface accessed via browser on any device, with all your data in one place
- Remotely configure and diagnose instrument via web browser interface
- Set email / SMS alerts on parameters to easily identify exceedances
- Robust weather-proof lockable enclosure with integrated solar shielding
- Construction and Remediation sites
- Industrial perimeter/fenceline monitoring (esp. from combustion sources)
- Brownfield developments
- Waste management and Landfill sites
- Port and bulk handling terminals
- EIA and Greenfield baseline studies
- Roadside monitoring