BioTubing is made from landfill-biodegradable* LDPE (low density polyethylene) or HDPE (high density polyethylene), and will only start to biodegrade once in a microbe rich environment such as a landfill. It does not require high oxygen or temperature to biodegrade such as in a commercial compost. BioTubing enables you to achieve high sampling integrity plus operate more sustainably.
Bonded Tubing for Low-Flow Sampling:
Our bonded tubing has the 1/4″ and 3/8″ tubes bonded together with a thin bridge and conveniently packaged on a 100m spool. The air and water lines have been bonded during the extrusion (manufacturing) process, and can be separated easily in the field to connect to a pump and controller fittings. It is recommended to scrape the bonding bridge clean with a knife to ensure a perfect seal. Many people prefer using bonded tubing as it can simplify pump deplyment and handling, and it can reduce the possibility of getting pumps stuck.
The easiest way to manage your bonded tubing during pump depolyment, sampling, and storage, is by using the Rapid Reel tubing dispenser.
– Once used and discarded to a landfill it will biodegrade* (consumed by bacteria)
– 100m rolls of LDPE or HDPE tubing in sizes to suit low-flow pumps or manual footvalves
– Lab tested and verified for cleanliness and leaching under USEPA 8260B and USEPA 8270 processes
– Only starts to biodegrade* when discarded and buried in a microbe rich environment such as a landfill
– Sealed in landfill biodegradable* bag for cleanliness, and site cleanup
– Supplied on a reel made from recycled cardboard (cardboard will naturally biodegrade in a landfill)
– BioTubing will biodegrade to plant food humus in estimated 5-10 years in a typical landfill depending on site conditions*
– Available in 1/4″ (6.3mm) OD and 3/8″ (9.5mm) OD for low-flow groundwater sampling. These 2 sizes are also available as ‘bonded tubing’ (see below).
5/8″ (16mm) OD sized BioTubing is also available for sampling with a footvalve or for use with a 12V pump. This size is often refered to as Waterra Tubing. HDPE (high density polyethylene) version of this size is also available for deeper sampling and is recommended if sampling greater than 20m with a footvalve. Please note that the HDPE version is not biodegradable.
1/2″ (12.7mm) OD BioTubing available for 12V or perristaltic pump use