HydroTerra is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. If we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified, you can be assured it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
HydroTerra may change this policy from time to time by updating this document.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name, organisation and job title
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
What we do with the information we gather
We use the information provided by you to understand your needs, and provide you with a better service. Specifically, the purpose of using this information includes but is not limited to:
- improving the products and services we offer
- customising our website according to your interests
- sending periodic promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we believe may be of interest to you
- Conducting market research by contacting you via email, phone or post
- Internal record keeping for information management and control
If you wish to remove your email from marketing mailout lists, for example promotions and webinar notifications, you may ‘Unsubscribe’ at links provided on marketing communications. Further requests for removal of your information from our records can be made by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, HydroTerra does not have control over information collected and used by other websites, and we are not responsible for the protection and privacy of any information exchanged between you and other websites.
Periodically we may use Google Re-marketing
- Third party vendors, including Google, show our ads on sites on the internet.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- when you are asked to submit a form on our website, an option may be provided to select a box which indicates that you do not want the information to be used for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time, either by following ‘Unsubscribe’ links or emailing us at email@example.com
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us at the above address to request an amendment.